Do not feel embarrassed about reporting a scam – scammers are clever and frauds can occur to anybody.
Reporting a scam helps find preventing scammers. This stops others from being scammed.
- protect your self from further dangers
- collect every detail associated with scam
- report the scam to us
- report the scam to many other organisations
Safeguard yourself from further dangers
From things getting worse before you report a scam, there are steps you can take to protect yourself. Check always how to handle it if you have been scammed.
When you should call law enforcement
Contact the authorities instantly by calling 101 if:
- the scammer is in your neighborhood
- you have transported cash into the scammer within the last few a day
In the event that you feel threatened or unsafe call 999.
Gather every detail for the scam
Jot down the main points of one’s scam. This can help you remember all of the important info whenever you report it.
Make certain you include:
- Who you’ve been in contact with – write down names, numbers and addresses if they are had by you
- why you are dubious
- just what information you’ve shared – as an example, passwords, PINs, or bank details
- whether you have compensated hardly any money
- How you’ve paid – for example, credit bank or card transfer
Report the scam to us
The way you report the scam to us is determined by the kind of scam it really is.
Reporting an on-line scam
On line frauds are frauds that utilize the net – for instance, social media marketing, email messages and internet sites. Continue reading “Report a scam-If you have been scammed, you can find organisations the scam should be reported by you to”